* Garth Ennis writes about God a lot. Like a lot, a lot. Evidence:
Hellblazer (his run on the book has a lot of religious theme)
The Demon (heaven/hell. It counts)
Bloody Mary Lady Liberty
Crossed (*don't tell me there isn't religious theology in this)
Chronicles of Wormwood
* Dark Avengers is better than New Avengers
* Secret Warriors is still good after 15 issues.
* Everybody raves about Grant Morrison on Batman & Robin. I'm luke warm. Why does Dick come off as a mediocre Batman who's never prepared for anything in this book? I'll call this no-selling.
* This new book S.H.I.E.L.D. is tight.
* Jonathon Hickman can write and Marvel should tie him up. He writes S.H.I.E.L.D., Secret Warriors & Fantastic Four.
* Speaking of his run on FF. Why did it take this long for somebody to figure out that this book is about a family that adventures together? Best run of FF in ages.
* Blackest Night in 60 seconds is some very, very funny stuff: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/07/blackest-night-in-60-seconds/
* Barry Allen with the blue ring on is pretty cool, even if he should have stayed dead.
* I don't care what anyone says, the Specter shold have dealt with the whole Black Lantern issue. He's THE SPECTER! Story would have been 7 seconds long.
* When I get a month's shipment I always find i t interesting what I feel like I "need" to read first. Top attention getters from the last shipment included Irredeemable, Secret Warriors, Wolfskin & World Of New Krypton!
* Won't it be funny if Doom War turns out to be a much better story than any of Marvel's BIG event stories from recent years? There's a chance....
* Planet Hulk on Blue Ray. Didn't even know they put it out, but I've got a copy. I'm going to watch it tomorrow I think!
* Jeremiah (the TV show) was based on a comic book I think I'll have to read. Always interested to see how far from the source material it fell, especially since the producer is now a comic guy. Anyways, I really liked Season 2. Liked Mister Smith. Reminds me of somebody I know.
* It's past my bedtime.