Friday, July 29, 2011

What's the point?

Normally I devour my comic when they come in.

I wait two months (on average) longer than everyone else to read my books because the cost savings are exceptional, and when I finally get them into my hands I basically ignore everything else (usually to the point of my wife's vocal objection.)

But as I sit here with June and July's order from DC I find myself asking a very simple question; why bother?

In almost every single series my personal expectation is that the current story needs four to six months to properly unfold and wrap up, but I already know the writers have one more month (at most.) Truncated conclusions and choppy endings; just another fine present from DC as a result of "The New 52!"

Even simply contemplating the pile that happens to be lying right in front of me right now?

JSA All-Stars - cancelled & not coming back
Justice Society of America - cancelled & not coming back
R.E.B.E.L.S. - cancelled & not coming back
Red Robin - cancelled & not coming back

Where's my motivation to read it?

It leads nowhere.

No comments: