Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big news from Comicon!

I know some people are waiting for me to start hammering out blogs about why the rest of you are retarded enough to consider The Punisher "misunderstood" and other people are waiting to hear my feedback on Shadowland or more thoughts on Secret Avengers.  I've downloaded enough Shadowland to give you some thoughts, but I haven't had time to read it yet.

The truth is that this was going to be one of those blogs where I talk once again about how much people missed out if they didn't read one of those truly awesome Crossgen books from the turn of the century. I was going to talk about Sigil, which I just finished rereading (all 42 issues of intergalactic warfare based awesomeness!) I probably would even have found time to tell you all about the Mark Waid (notice I mention him a lot?) written Crux which I'm completely absorbed in once again.

As I sat down to write though, I decided to confirm what I had long thought was the case.  That it was Disney who bought the rights to Crossgen and its creations when they filed for Bankruptcy. I thought it would be a great chance for me to explain how much I hate the job that Joe Q!  is doing (I do. I really do - as the EiC I hold him responsible for all the screw ups! The buck stops with him.) and that I feel like they've failed yet again by not using their newfound membership in Club Disney to gain access to previously vaulted characters like those belonging to CrossGen Entertainment.

Turns out, I was wrong.

As I read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrossGen four days ago during Comicon, Joe announced that Marvel will in fact begin publishing Crossgen Comics again. As of this time I don't have any details on who will come on board to write them, and whether or not the original tale will be continued, or if they will attempt to revamp the entire Sigilverse.

But they're doing it, and for that they get a standing ovation from me.

Now I have to go and pray they don't mess it up!

No comments: